Potatoes 3 big sized
Coriander leaves handful (optional)
Besan or gram flour 2 cups
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Garam masala ¼ teaspoon (optional)
Amchur powder ¼ teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Tumeric 2 pinches
Salt as needed
Oil for deep frying
1. Cook potatoes and mash them. Chop coriander very finely. Heat a pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil add mustard seeds when they start to pop add mashed potatoes and mix well. Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Add coriander powder and amchur powder. Mix well.
2. Mix besan, red chilli powder, salt and water. Make it into a medium thick consistency batter. Let the curry cool. Make them into lemon sized balls.
3. Heat oil in deep pan or skillet for deep frying. Dip the potato balls in the batter and gently drop them in heated oil.
4. Gently flip them on all sides till they turn golden in color.
5. Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.